Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Political Lions Den

I'm sure I speak for most people when I say that I will be happy when I wake up tomorrow and know that I will not be bombarded with political ads on TV and phone calls on my cell asking me to vote, or reminding me to vote. I think I may never answer my phone to an unknown caller again..

Maybe my conversations with people will get a little better too. These past few weeks have been like living in a political lions den, it has been hard not to have a politically flavored conversation with my friends and even colleagues. Many of us like me have forgotten the polite etiquette of not to bringing up politics in conversations, but how can you not when you are surrounded by television, radio, and billboard ads all telling you otherwise.

Tomorrow will bring back a simpler time for most of us. A time when we will once again complain about our political leaders saying that there is nothing we can do to change it, almost condoning it as part of the their job to do a bad job. I mean what can you expect they are government employees aren't they?... I guess They're not all bad though since my wife is a government employee also.

No comments:

Post a Comment