Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sigh...

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. One thing after another, with no end in sight. I just got back from the coast (Monterey) for the wedding of Lizzie's friend. I hadn't been to a wedding in ages. Their is just something about a wedding. I mean, two people making lifelong commitments before God to honor and cherish one another. And to think that the best example of this covenant relationship is the one that Christ has with his bride the church. He laid down His life for his bride: and a man is to follow that example when he looks after the wife that has been entrusted to him by God. I mean when you think of how people today (non-Christians) see the bonds of matrimony, they don't see anything their vows that ask them to sacrifice anything, or let alone serve them, or even love them...

The wedding was great!, but the drive was not.. It was almost three hours each way, or for those of you like me that don't like math that means six hours of driving. AND... to make things worse on the way back I get pulled over at the 152/99 junction. When asked "Do you know how fast you were going... understand when you tell me that I was clocking you" try not to lie..., but if you are in my shoes and don't really remember, just guess; and by guessing don't say "55"... Don't worry I didn't. I said, "I don't know 75.. 80?" Her response was a bit more then that, I'd rather not say publicly. but in the worlds of Seinfeld "...oh, you must have got me when I was slowing down for that turn..." lol. That cracks me up all that time. Luckily she only put 80 on my ticket and I'll have to do traffic school, so that's a a blessing.

But a positive is school's out, and I'm still looking for a job. So, I mean, that has to be good. Right? But seriously, I am looking for a job and keep that in prayer.

This Friday I'll be going to Southern California for my churches Family Camp at The Oaks, a World Impact camp near Valencia. So I'll be taking lots of pictures. I'm also looking forward to taking some time way with Lord and refreshing my spiritual batteries.

I'll also, as I promised a few people, be sending, and posting, a few more pictures of the graduation from last week at CCC on here an my mysapce. Maybe even a few of Lizzie and I... who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment